The memory foam type is probably one of the most popular toppers in the market today. This is not anymore surprising because of what it can offer. Aside from using a very durable material, toppers are cheaper than the usual mattress, so it is truly a win-win situation.
Before we list the different benefits of using a memory foam mattress topper, we will first discuss the various types that you need to know about best mattress uk.
- The first one is the traditional memory foam. Just like the other types, it has the ability to mold perfectly to your body. The only problem with this is that it tends to retain body heat. Because of this, there are complaints that it is not very comfortable to sleep in.
- With innovations, open cell memory foam was introduced in order to address the heat problem of the traditional type. The structure of the foam makes it possible for the air to move better inside the mattress. Because of this, it boasts better heat transfer, so you will not feel hot throughout the night.
- The last type is the gel-infused memory foam, which, as the name implies, uses gels that allows heat absorption and release.
Here are some other factors to consider when buying memory foam:
- This topper is available in different weights just like the regular mattress. In order to get the best one for you, it is important to get what suits your body weight and shape the best. For example, if you are on the larger side, then a heavier mattress may be the best for you. As a rule, most experts recommend that you choose a mattress with a density of 3.5 to 4 lbs per cubic foot if you are average in size, get 5 lbs if you are bigger. A topper is almost the same, just thinner than the usual mattress.
- A firmer mattress topper is usually better for heavier people. Although, it will still depend largely on your preference. As a rule, most people prefer to get medium firmness for both mattress and topper.
- Prepare to pay more. Memory foam toppers, especially those infused with cooling technologies, are much more expensive compared to the other types.
Now that we know the three different types of memory foam toppers and some other important factors to consider, it is now time to list their benefits.
- One of the most important benefits of a memory foam topper is that you will not anymore have sleepless nights. If you always find yourself awake during the night because you are feeling hot, then these two are good options for you: the gel-infused memory foam or open cell type.
- With memory foam, your body, especially your back, will be well-supported. Just like what we have mentioned earlier, it can perfectly mold following the curves of your body, hence promoting spine alignment and excellent lumbar support. This is especially important for those who are suffering of chronic back pain.
- This type of topper is also known to help relieve pain especially on pressure points. Experts recommend this to people with arthritis and other joint conditions because the cushion that it provides reduces impacts on your problem areas.
- You will not be disturbed by movements anymore during the night. Even if your partner tosses and turns, it is unlikely that you will feel it enough to wake you up. The rationale behind this has something to do with the topper’s density. Basically, the movement is absorbed by the mattress, instead of being transferred. This is one of the reasons why a lot of people prefer this over innerspring type.
- Memory foams are also usually hypoallergenic. This means that it will not trigger allergic reactions. This may be related to the fact that it has a dense structure, which, in turn, does not allow allergen to build up. So, if this has always been your problem, this is the simple solution for you, go get a memory foam topper now.
- Mattress toppers can prolong the life of your mattress. As we all know, a full size, high quality mattresses can be quite expensive. Because of this, you may find yourself without a budget to get one. You do not have to worry because toppers can actually do the job! If your old mattress is still in a fair condition, then a topper can make a huge difference.
- With additional support from the topper, you will have a more relaxing and rejuvenating sleep. An extra layer of support really makes a huge difference.
- Since toppers are much thinner, it is easier to wash and care for compared to full-size mattresses. To put it simply, life will be easier.
These are just some of the great benefits of using memory foam toppers. Once again, it is not surprising anymore that it is preferred by many because it is really worth every penny. If you do not have a budget for a full size mattress or if you just want to spruce up your old mattress, then this is what you need.